My primary role is to assist departmental peers in the placement and ordering of goods for clinical research and administration. Beyond this, I am the first port of call for all queries relating to ordering within the department, and I am the portfolio holder for the Departmental Asset Tagging system. I also assist the Accounts (Payable) Assistant and Finance Officer in their daily tasks.
Beyond the scope of these tasks I also:
- Authorise all requisitions up to the value of £1000, ensuring checks that University guidelines are strictly adhered to, especially in regard to VAT relief.
- Process delivery notes and receive goods on the Finance System.
- Work with any queries, either from suppliers or requestors, to ensure timely delivery of clinically-sensitive items.
- Am responsible for end of month procedures regarding the purchasing role, including running daily and monthly reports for review by the Finance Manager.
- Accept and distribute deliveries for working groups within the Main Wing of the John Radcliffe Hospital.
- Maintain the department’s archive and filing system.
Prior to working for Surgical Sciences, I temped within the University’s Temporary Staffing Service as an Accounts Assistant.